Tuesday, May 29, 2007

invitation to a 'forkle'

Hi

(Note: You’re one of the 13 people receiving this because you have BIG goals, you’re a close friend, and you’re likely to have an interest in what I have to say around business and the internet)

I’ve been thinking about how I can help the friends in my life….

nudge them towards their business & lifestyle success/goals, and at the same time have fun time hanging out, and a fun time ‘working’.

Thus is born the concept of….

A ‘Forkle’

An environment designed for you to support each other, and get a little business coaching/direction from me.

We get together somewhere with plenty of space (Anton’s place, Cindy’s, Dan Robbins…..or the first could be at my place).

For a day.

Each has a laptop, and goals for the day.

We spend 15 minutes writing our goals on the whiteboard, then take 2 hours of *silence* to work towards those goals.

We break for 30 minutes for:
- fun (massage, cuddles, food, dance dance revolution, sensual time)
and/or
- coaching among yourselves on your goals
- just before the break ends, I would take any questions remaining after you guys have coached yourselves.

- And we’re back to 2 hours of silent creating!

My fee?

Your company, an occasional massage or cuddle, seeing your commitment and enjoyment and results, being fed, and having the whole thing set up with out me (i.e. space, technology, and yummy healthy food are all handled.)

Hmmmm….I could see this easily turning into a fun weekend retreat. I could also later on see including a donation to charity in the fee (from all of us) so the experience is even more valued and appreciated.

I’m curious to see what happens with this. Will everyone see it as a good idea, but not take action? Will this become a pillar of our group living/community experience? Will it foster even greater success? Will it spawn a Naked DDR champion? Will the response be “who the hell does this guy think he is?”

Love and fun,

David
PS The title is ‘invitation to a forkle’, but my bit is done. The offer is out. For it to happen guys would need to create it from here if this is something you have appetite for. And if not that’s completely OK with me – I have no attachment to this at all.

I suggest you add your comments here as a way of communicating. Perhaps a yahoo discussion list is in our future if this has legs…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

David you rock!!!

Hey everyone!! =) This sounds amazing to me! Lets get a list of all who are interested!! I am IN. :)

LiYana Silver said...

i am IN - cool idea, david

always looking for excuses to pick your brain or cuddle with you

and hanging around other cool visionaries ain't too bad either

can do any day from july 16th through 21st, july 23rd and 26th also

could possibly do 27th, but it's not great

july 22 and 29 are OUT for me

i vote for david's

however, no naked DDR for me (i've got breasts!)

although i wouldn't mind a little healthy clothed (or at least bra-ed) competition

DDR my favorite thing in the whole world

i will happily manifest and arrange the healthy foods to happen

i am thinking if we are to bring this into being, a central "organizer" will need
to out themselves, but i am NOT volunteering for that, since i am doing that for
two 30th birthday parties, a surprise event, my women's group and a wedding ;-)

love, liyana

YesKJ said...

I'm so crazy interested. Weekends work better for me and I need some lead time as I need to plan time off work and making travel arrangements from Los Angeles. Bottom line Mid-late July or Early August works for me. The weekend of July 21st could be perfect...

David Wood said...

Great to see everyone's enthusiasm. And I saw that Beth is in, and Anton has offered his place. I think Liyana is right about an overall organizer to emerge to pick a date - of course we won't get everyone in, but we could do two dates 2 weeks apart.

Jon said...

I'm in, and I have no idea what dates can work for me. Go ahead and let the group mind start one, and I'll attend if I'm able.

Love,
Jon